Jan 24, 2013
Dreamy, Creamy Asparagus Soup
The first time I had this soup I refused to believe it was dairy-free. I was at a friend’s house and she was introducing me to Dr. Fuhrman’s Eat to Live plan. The creamy texture and sweet, velvety notes in this dish are, well… I still don’t believe it.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, chopped
- 2 TBS Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest (or other no-salt seasoning blend, adjusted to taste)
- 2 cups water
- 1 TBS Bragg Liquid Aminos
- 1 cup unsweetened soy, almond or hemp milk
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 4 pitted dates
- chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- Simmer asparagus, VegiZest, water, and aminos in a soup pot until asparagus is tender.
- Blend in a high-powered blender, with soy milk, cashews, and dates until smooth.
- Garnish with cilantro before serving (I used chives).
Serves 4. So simple. So divine. Enjoy!