Mar 04, 2013
Black Bean Brownie Bites. Flour-free. Vegan.
I’ve used black beans in baking before and the results were passable, but these little brownie bites are just melt-in-your-mouth delicious! The beans make them more nutritious than an otherwise “empty-calorie” dessert and you can’t taste them at all. I had some friends over for dinner the other night and made these. I asked them if they could tell me what the “secret ingredient” was and they couldn’t! Super easy to make, too. One-Bowl Wonders I call them… everything into the food processor and violà! Vegan dessert perfection.
- 1 15 oz. can black beans, drained and rinsed (I use Eden brand)
- 2 TBS flax meal
- 4 TBS water
- 2 TBS cashew butter
- 1/2 cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or other minimally processed sweetener
- 1/2 cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Mix flax meal with water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- Place all ingredients, except chocolate chips, into food processor and pulse until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips and pulse, just until combined.
- Portion out batter into muffin tin. Use a 1.5″ scoop (pictured above). It’s really a must if you’re going to be doing any baking at all. It’s a great tool for portioning cookies too!
- Bake 12-15 minutes, until the tops are dry and slightly cracked.
Makes 20. Enjoy!