Mar 08, 2013
Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries
These fries are a fabulous side dish to just about any sandwich. They’re simple to make and the corn meal crust makes them nice and crunchy! I use only a small amount of oil to get the corn meal to stick. I’ve tried many recipes for homemade sweet potato fries and they never quite hit the mark. These are the best ones yet!
- 2-3 sweet potatoes
- 2 TBS olive oil or any cold-pressed oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup corn meal (see notes)
- Seasonings to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut sweet potatoes into long strips, about 1/2″ wide.
- Rinse well.
- Drain and dry (I used paper towels).
- Place fries in a plastic bag and add the oil. Shake to coat.
- Add the corn meal and whatever spices you like. I used black pepper and a little salt-free Spike seasoning.
- Arrange the fries on a cookie sheet in a single layer and bake until the insides are soft (test with a fork), about 20-25 minutes.
Serves 3-4. Enjoy!