Mar 30, 2013
Easter Breakfast Salad + Cashew Lime Dressing
Yes, I am giving you two recipes today! Since tomorrow is Easter Sunday I will be busy enjoying time with family and I wanted to share this with you in case you want to create it for a beautiful Easter brunch centerpiece!
Star fruit has tremendous depth of flavor, when ripe. I know some people say they don’t care for it but they have probably never experienced it at its best. It’s very important to either find ripe fruits or let them ripen on your window sill in the sunlight before you eat them. When ripe they are soft and dark yellow. Kiwis are also so different when ripe. They become much sweeter and more flavorful.
- 1 large head Boston lettuce
- 2 cups jicama, julienned
- 4 star fruit
- 4 kiwis
- 1/2 cup goji berries
~ for the dressing
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 1 lime
- 2 medjool dates
- 1 TBS raw chia seeds
~ for the salad:
- Soak the goji berries in water to soften. Set aside.
- Chop the salad into bite sized pieces.
- Julienne the jicama.
- Peel and slice the kiwi fruits.
- Slice the star fruit.
- Artfully arrange the fruits on top of the lettuce.
- Drain the goji berries.
- Top with jicama and goji berries.
~ for the dressing:
- Place cashews in a high-powered blender. If you don’t have a high-powered blender, soak the nuts first for a few hours and they should become smooth in any type of blender.
- Add 1/2 cup of the water and blend until smooth.
- Zest the lime, then remove the rest of the skin.
- Add the zest and remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.