Mar 18, 2013
Outtasight Overnight Oatmeal
Yes, it’s true. This oatmeal is OUT OF SIGHT because it’s gone, baby, gone. Other names I was thinking of were: Outrageous Overnight Oatmeal, OMG Overnight Oatmeal, Otherwordly Overnight Oatmeal… Sorry, I’m a writer by trade and I can’t help myself. Regardless, this has to be one of my favorite oatmeal dishes ever. Hands down. Sometimes with a new recipe, three times is the charm. This was a first-time winner. Beginners luck? Maybe.
You must try this oatmeal. Not only is it easy to put together, it’s also great if you have to be somewhere really early the next morning and don’t have time to prepare an otherwise nutritious breakfast. Grab ‘n’ go nutrients!
- ½ cup rolled oats (not instant)
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk
- 1 medjool date
- 1 TBS raw sunflower seeds
- 1 TBS Hunza raisins
- 1 tsp raw chia seeds
- 1 heaping TBS plain vegan yogurt (important! don’t omit)
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- Add the yogurt to the milk and mix well, until thoroughly combined.
- Add it and all other ingredients to the oats and stir gently to combine.
- Place in a single serve container (I used a canning jar).
- Leave out or in the fridge overnight. If it’s not swelteringly warm in your house, you don’t need to put the container in the fridge. It won’t spoil and in fact it will help the oats to absorb the liquids. Also, the yogurt in the recipe helps to break down the chewy raw oat fibers and room temp is perfect for this.
- Before serving, top with raw nuts and/or seeds of your choice. I used pecans and hemp seeds.
- Enjoy a healthy, delicious breakfast in the morning!
|macronutrient breakdown… too bad
there isn’t a micronutrient analysis!
|daffodils are blooming… come on Spring!|
|can you see those plump Hunza raisins?|