Jun 29, 2013
Citrusy 3-Pea Salad
“Fresh” is the best word to describe this yummy, light salad. Okay, I cheated a little with the title because chickpeas are really beans… but they work so well in this dish, providing lots of resistant starch
that is so important for our health!
This is a perfect salad to go along with soup or a wrap. It travels well, too, so it would be a great dish to bring to a potluck picnic or take along on a hike for a healthy lunch. The fresh orange juice is what really makes this simple-to-prepare salad so special. I hope you will try it!
- 1 cup frozen, thawed sweet peas
- 1 cup chopped snow pea pods
- 1 can salt-free chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- juice of one orange
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1 tsp Dr. Fuhrman’s Blood Orange Vinegar (or any orange vinegar)
- Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Garnish with fresh lime and some raw hemp seeds for extra plant-strong protein!
Serves 4 as a side dish. Enjoy!