Jun 10, 2013
Tropical Green Smoothie
This smoothie reminds me of a drink I had when I was a child. I think I was about nine years old. I was out to eat with my dad and he ordered his usual cocktail. He would often get me a Shirley Temple when he ordered his drink, which was some sweet, red non-alcoholic concoction. This time though, the waitress brought somethings else. It had pineapple juice and I think some kind of coconut but it was much lighter than a piña colada. I have no idea what it was but loved it! I had completely forgotten about that tropical sensation until I tasted this smoothie and suddenly, the memory was there, crisp and clear, like it was yesterday. Amazing.
Anyway, there’s a ton of yummy flavor in this smoothie which trumps the flavor of all the healthy greens. Lots of nutrients and great taste… the ultimate combination.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup chopped frozen mango
- ½ cup chopped frozen pineapple
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- 1 can coconut water (about 2 cups)
- 1 large collard leaf, stem removed
- 4-5 leaves of lacinato kale (or any kale)
- large handful of baby spinach
- Place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Top with some sliced banana and unsweetened, flaked coconut if desired.
Serves 2. Enjoy!