Jun 22, 2013

Vegan Fudgesicles

Happy Summer! I know it was yesterday. I’m a day behind… been so busy working on my latest screenplay. Yes, when I’m not cooking, creating recipes, furthering my plant-based nutrition education and blogging, I’m writing. It’s a labor of love, as is this blog.

In celebration of Summer, I decided to perfect the ultimate vegan treat. I’ve tried a few different recipes for fudgesicles… finally have a keeper! These ‘sicles are creamy, chocolatey, not too sweet and not too gooey… just right. No bananas… a lot of the recipes that I’ve looked at and tried include bananas. For me, it just doesn’t work. I like to taste the chocolatey goodness without the banana flavor. That’s just my preference.

Here is the simple recipe!

• 1/2 cup raw cashews
  • 1ΒΌ  cup unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
  • 8 medjool dates, pits removed
  • 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 3 TBS non-alkalized cocoa powder

1. Place all ingredients into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
  2. Pour into ice cream molds, per the mold directions.
  3. Freeze overnight.
  4. Unmold by holding under warm water until the fudgesicle slides out easily.

Makes 4 fudgesicles. Enjoy!

10 responses to “Vegan Fudgesicles”

1. Those look fabulous. I get the no banana thing. Hubby doesn't prefer the frozen desserts with banana either. I will have to try this one on him!

And your yard looks beautiful, by the way. πŸ™‚

Thanks! Let me know how he likes them πŸ™‚

3. I wonder if this would work with avocados. Trying to get away from cashews.

Julie, it just might! Let me know how it works if you try it! πŸ™‚

5. Emma says:

Yum! These look so tasty- and so simple! I have a popsicle mould on my wishlist but I think I'm going to go ahead and order one right now πŸ˜‰

That's great, Emma! Hope you enjoy them as much as we do! πŸ™‚

7. Unknown says:

Helyn, bought a popsicle tray for cheap about a year ago. Today it was used for a tastesation! Pitting the dates was a bit more work and sticky fingers. I did a short soak on the dates and cashews and used ground vanilla bean. (My new addiction) and coconut milk. Had a small amount left over so I froze it and tried it. Yummy!! Looking forward to enjoying the first one tomorrow when it is 99 degrees. I made 8 and I'm wondering if I will eat them all.. I am single and they can't go to waste. :). Thank you for a super easy recipe that taste rich and like I must have taken longer to prepare. Keep em coming. πŸ™‚

You're welcome. Enjoy!!

9. Elizabeth S. says:

Thanks for this lovely recipe! Made them using sweetened almond milk, and to compensate for that, I used 4 Medjool dates, instead of 8 – my husband and I loved them! Can't wait to make them again!! πŸ™‚

You're welcome Elizabeth! So happy you enjoyed them πŸ™‚