Jul 27, 2013
Creamy Orange Chia Pudding
I admit it. I’m a fanatic for fantastic and fantabulous chia seeds… in other words, I’m a fan!
I had some oranges… and a lot of chia seeds. Hmmm. Chia pudding! Again! I think the varieties of flavors one can achieve with this simplest of healthy desserts is astounding. And I feel so good eating it, knowing how much spectacular nutrition I am giving my body with every bite (check out my post for Blueberry Chia Pudding to see chia’s amazing nutritional profile). Chia pudding easy and FUN to make and to eat.
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chia seeds
- 2 oranges
- Section the 2 oranges. If you’ve never done this here is a short video that shows you how: SECTION AN ORANGE.
- Dice the orange sections and set aside.
- Place cashews and just enough orange juice to cover them in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the o.j. and the vanilla and blend again until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and fold in the oranges pieces and the chia seeds.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes and stir again.
- Repeat step 6 a few more times.
- Pour into whatever serving containers you will be using.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before eating.
Makes about 4 cups. Enjoy!
Healthy ch-ch-ch-chia trails,