Sep 23, 2013
Curried Kidney Bean Stew
Happy Fall everyone! I know I’m a day late in my wishes but I was so busy this weekend that I didn’t even realize until yesterday that it was the first day of autumn… my favorite season of all. Pumpkins, leaves changing colors, cool and crisp air… BLISS.
I think I am going to have a Pumpkin Week for you soon! Pumpkin is such a versatile squash. I’m looking forward to creating lots of yummy recipes with it…
This hearty and warming stew is a perfect way to welcome the cooler temperatures.
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cans no-salt added kidney beans
- 1 large container chopped tomato (I use Pomi brand, 750g)
- 4 cups tightly-packed chopped kale
- 3 TBS curry powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 TBS fruit only apricot preserves
- 1 TBS raw cashew butter
- Place the carrots and the garlic in a soup pot and add just enough water to cover.
- Simmer until the carrots are tender.
- Add remaining ingredients, except the cashew butter.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes.
- Add a little of the stew broth to the cashew butter to make a slurry and add this to the pot.
- Stir well to combine.
Makes enough for about 6 hungry folks. Enjoy!