Feb 07, 2014
Raw German Chocolate Bites
What a delicious and easy snack recipe this is! I’ll ALWAYS love to bake but sometimes, after dinner, when we want something a little sweet and it needs to be fast (and nutritious), these bites are perfect. They take just minutes to throw together.
Chocolate and coconut… we can’t go wrong with that combination now can we? Maybe someday I will make an actual German Chocolate CAKE. Mm-hm. Maybe. But maybe not anytime soon. Sorry but I got just a little bit burned out this past holiday season on baking (and eating!) desserts, even if they were vegan, oil-free and gluten-free… can we say “The 12 Days of Christmas Cookies?” And I know that I still owe some of you that Fruit Cake recipe I wrote about in my Fruitcake Cookies post… I haven’t forgotten.
Stop rambling, Helyn and get on with this recipe will you!?
- 1 cup raw almond flour (any kind, doesn’t have to be blanched)
- 14 medjool dates
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut shreds
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla (or vanilla bean paste to keep it 100% raw)
- 1 TBS ground chia seeds
- 3 TBS water
- Place all ingredients, except the water, into a food processor.
- Turn the machine on and, while running, drizzle in the water and run until the mixture comes together in a sticky ball.
- Press into some mini muffin tins (that’s what I used) or candy molds or simply roll into balls.
- Refrigerate to store.
Makes about 20 bites. Enjoy!