Mar 18, 2014
Old-Fashioned Brownies. Vegan, Grain-free, Oil-free and Sugar-free!
Who doesn’t love brownies? No one that I know! These guys are sooooo good. Fudgy, gooey, chocolatey deliciousness in every bite. I’ve made my share of black bean brownies in various forms. No beans are hiding in here. No “secret ingredients.” Just pure, unadulterated, retro-turned-healthy goodness.
I’ve been on a quest to make a perfect vegan brownie without any of the usual culprits (oil, sugar, etc.). I finally did it. These handsome treats have the authentic taste of a down-home, Grandma-good, somebody-loves-you brownie! You take a bite and either melt into a bliss-induced coma or float into a culinary cloud of cozy comfort. Guilt-free pleasure! Oh, yeah.
Somebody loves you. ❤ Enjoy!
Grain-free, oil-free and plant-based dessert for everyone! Let's celebrate!
- 1 heaping cup pitted medjool dates (I measured mine whole)
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup sorghum molasses (or coconut nectar or date syrup)
- 1 TBS pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 cups raw walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Grease a 7″ x 11″ casserole dish (or 8 x 8 square).
- Place all ingredients, except the walnuts, in a food processor and pulse until combined. Scrape the sides down as needed. Add the walnuts whole and pulse just a few times to incorporate and break them up a bit.
- Spoon the batter into the casserole and smooth the top evenly.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool completely before slicing! Store in the fridge.