Sep 07, 2015
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins ~ Plant-based, Gluten-free, Oil-Free!
These muffins will make you swoon! Moist and light with a delicate crumb, full of chocolately flavor and little pops of banana chunks with crunchy cacao nibs throughout. What’s not to love? Also, they’re not terribly sweet which I happen to like. If you want them to be sweeter, I would use chocolate chips instead of cacao nibs.
I feel it coming… fall that is. Cooler temperatures and my baking bug has bitten hard. Yep. Lovin’ in the oven!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
A delectable, chocolate, oil-free muffin!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar or other minimally processed, granulated sweetener
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup cacao nibs
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 TBS ground flax seeds + 4 TBS water
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed (leave it a little chunky)
- 1/4 cup raw almond butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Prepare a 12-muffin tin (use muffin liners or a silicone tray)
- Combine the flax with the water and set aside.
- Add all dry ingredients to a large mixing bowl and whisk well to combine.
- Combine all wet ingredients in a separate bowl, including the flax/water mixture.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry and stir well to combine.
- Scoop the batter into the muffin cups, filling each almost to the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and devour!