Dec 13, 2012
Bok Choy Salad
I always try to eat one large salad either at lunch or dinner. As Dr. Fuhrman says, “The salad is the main dish!” Well, eating so many salads can be boring, let’s face it. So I’m always thinking up new ways to combine various greens, veggies and fruits to keep my taste buds happy and interested. Today I combined bok choy with some other goodies and the result was something worth sharing! I never knew how delicious raw bok choy was, as I had previously only had it in stir fried dishes.
- 1 medium head bok choy, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup blackberries (it’s December here, not many berries around so I used frozen/thawed and they were perfect)
- 1/2 cup chopped sugar snap peas, chopped (make sure you remove the fibrous string that runs through the length of the bean!)
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
I used a delicious and easy homemade oil-free pesto dressing that was divine with this salad:
Pesto Dressing Ingredients:
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 large clove garlic
- 1/4-1/2 cup soy milk
Blend all ingredients in a high powered blender.
Top salad with dressing.
Serves 1! It’s the main dish, remember?