Dec 13, 2012
Vegan Rum Balls. Raw.
The first time I ever ate “rum balls” was at a fancy Italian restaurant on Long Island. I think I was about 15 at the time. But those rum balls were made from some kind of sponge cake and literally dripping in rum and topped, of course, with a healthy dollop of whipped cream. These babies are just as flavorful and oh, so much healthier! Vegan. Raw. Doesn’t get much better…
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1 cup raw pecans
- ½ cup raw sunflower seeds
- 20 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 TBS dark rum (or ½ tsp rum extract to keep it non-alcoholic)
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- Place all ingredients, except the coconut, in a food processor. Process until everything is combined. It will be sticky and hold together nicely.
- Using a 1″ ice cream scoop (or your hands), create 1″ balls.
- Roll in the shredded coconut.