Jan 08, 2013
Oil- Free Orange Cashew Dressing
I was inspired to make this when I came upon an orange champagne vinegar on a recent trek to Trader Joe’s! This light and tangy dressing will liven up any salad. It’s also great as a fruit dip. The nut base makes it a healthy alternative to oil-based dressings.
This recipe is almost identical to Dr. Fuhrman’s dressing of the same name, with the exception of the vinegar. You can purchase some fantastic vinegars on Dr. Fuhrman’s website, including his Blood Orange Vinegar, which he uses in his orange cashew dressing.
• 1 1/2 cups raw cashews
• 1 TBS tahini (sesame butter)
• 2 oranges (I used Mandarin, which are in season now)
• 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• 2 TBS Orange Vinegar (or apple cider vinegar)
1. Peel oranges and place in blender. Blend until liquefied.
2. Add cashews and blend until smooth.
3. Add remaining ingredients and blend. You can add a little orange juice to thin it, depending on how thin or thick you like your dressing,