Jan 22, 2013
Simple Vegetable Curry
I thought I’d give my readers a break and offer an EASY Indian recipe. You can make this dish without spending a lot of time hunting down exotic spices. All of the ingredients can be found at your local supermarket. So for those of you who love Indian food, here’s a quick and delicious recipe that you can make at home for a yummy curry dish…
- 1 small zucchini
- 1 package sliced mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped cabbage
- 2-3 small carrots
- 1 large tomato
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 medium sized potato
- 1 can low-fat coconut milk (I use Thai Kitchen brand)
- 1″ piece of ginger, finely grated
- 1-2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 TBS curry powder
- 1 tsp low-sodium soy sauce or Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- Chop all of the vegetables into 1″ pieces.
- Add to a large pot or deep-sided pan with all of the remaining ingredients.
- Stir well to combine.
- Simmer on low until the veggies are soft but not mushy.
- Don’t worry if it doesn’t look like enough liquid to start. The veggies will release a lot of water as they cook down.
- Serve over rice or with some naan.