Feb 27, 2013
Cauliflower Steaks with Sweet Pea Purée
You won’t believe how simple this recipe is! It makes the most beautiful presentation and it’s a breeze to make. Minimal ingredients… whole foods at their best. I served these with a big, fresh salad. Perfect lunch! The trickiest part to this recipe is slicing the cauliflower. Only because you will lose some. It’s mostly the inner slices that will easily retain their structure. The rest just fall apart, so be prepared to have another cauliflower recipe on hand for the leftovers!
- 2 heads of cauliflower
- 1 tsp olive oil
- paprika, coriander and black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Remove the bottom core of the cauliflower.
- Stand it on its base and, starting in the middle, slice it in half. Then slice steaks about 3/4″ thick (I got 5 steaks out of my 2 heads).
- Place steaks on baking pan.
- Lightly coat the front and back of each steak with the olive oil.
- Sprinkle with the paprika, coriander and pepper.
- Bake for 30 minutes, flipping once at the 15 minute mark.
~ for the purée
- 1 10 oz bag frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 TBS fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- Steam the chopped onion until soft.
- Add the peas and steam until hot (don’t overcook! you want to retain that beautiful color).
- Place veggies, milk and parsley in blender or food processor and purée until smooth.
How easy is THAT?