Feb 04, 2013
Vegan. Gluten-free. Corn Muffins.
- 1 cup corn flour (masa)
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 TBS baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 TBS date sugar or any minimally processed sweetener
- 2 TBS flax meal + 6 TBS water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted (warm, not hot)
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk or any non-dairy milk product
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin pan (or you can use paper cupcake liners).
- Combine flax meal with water and set aside.
- Mix together all remaining dry ingredients.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to dry and whisk well.
- Fill each muffin holder with the batter almost to the top (an ice cream scoop works well).
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let sit for a few minutes, then remove muffins to a cooling rack.
Makes 12 muffins. Enjoy!