Apr 11, 2013
Blueberry Bliss Smoothie
I always put blueberries in my morning smoothies, do you? Today I wanted to really taste the berries and have a pretty purple smoothie so I changed it up a bit! Now that the warmer weather is here (hooray!) you will probably be seeing a lot more smoothie recipes coming from my kitchen.
- 16 oz. pomegranate-blueberry juice. Pom is the one I used, available in just about any grocery store. If you can find straight blueberry juice that is unsweetened that would work as well, or better! (see notes)
- 1/2 cup raw cashews
- 3 cups fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen, which makes for a nice, cold smoothie)
- 1 packet frozen acai (find in health food stores)
- 1/4 cup raw hemp seeds
- Place cashews in a high powdered blender and add enough of the juice just to cover.
- Blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
Makes enough for 2 rather LARGE smoothies! Enjoy.