Apr 13, 2013
I’m making this a quick post today… working hard on a writing assignment! If you love edamame and hummus like I do, you MUST try this recipe! Duh. Why didn’t I think of this before? So nourishing, filling and deeeelicious! Have at it.
- 1 12oz. bag frozen, shelled edamame beans. Make sure they’re organic or at least NON-GMO!
- 1/4 cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas, thawed (they add more color and a hint of sweetness)
- 2 tsp Bragg’s Liquid Aminos (optional)
- 1/2- 3/4 cup water
- gomasio for topping
- Steam the edamame beans for about 5-8 minutes until heated through.
- Place the beans and all remaining ingredients into a food processor, using 1/2 cup of water to start, and process until smooth. Add more water if needed. Stop periodically to scrape down the sides and mix things together if needed.
- Top with gomasio and a few edamame beans for garnish.
- Serve with raw veggies for dipping!
Makes about 3 cups. Enjoy!