May 28, 2013
Herby Spring Salad with Blueberry Dressing
This is a super fresh-tasting salad. Perfect lunch on a warm spring day! There is one thing this salad is NOT and that’s boring. The combination of the fresh herbs and the fruit with the blueberry dressing is really something special… and makes for a very “interesting” salad, as my honey said. In a good way 🙂
~ for the salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ½ cup chopped basil
- ¼ cup chopped dill
- 1 bulb of fennel, thinly sliced plus some of the leaves for garnish
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 sweet apple, thinly sliced
~ for the dressing
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- 1 tsp Dr. Fuhrman’s Wild Blueberry Vinegar or other fruit flavored vinegar
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
- Toss all salad ingredients together.
- For the dressing, add all ingredients to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Garnish with some wispy fennel leaves.
Serves 2 as a main dish or 4 as a side. Enjoy!