May 11, 2013
Mango Lassi Smoothie. Vegan.
This smoothie contains the simplest of ingredients! And no added sugar (the coconut water adds just the right amount of sweetness, especially if your mangos are sweet). And instead of yogurt, I used coconut milk. You could certainly replace the coconut milk with a soy yogurt to have a more authentic slightly sour flavor if you like, keeping it vegan.
- 1 pound mango, cubed and frozen. When mangos are readily available, I usually buy a lot and freeze them. They’re great in all kinds of smoothies. And it’s a lot cheaper to freeze your own. For this particular smoothie, I just used a one-pound bag of frozen mango from my grocer’s freezer.
- 1 15oz. can coconut water
- 3 TBS coconut milk
- 1 carrot
- dash of Garam Masala for garnish (or you could use cinnamon, nutmeg and/or cloves)
- Place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Serve with a swirl of coconut milk and garnish with spices of your choice.
Serves 2. Enjoy!