Jun 04, 2013
French Minted Pea Soup
This is one of Dr. Fuhrman’s most popular recipes. I had never made it before. Wow! You will love the sweet and subtle flavors in this soup. It’s scrumptious. Thanks, Dr. Fuhrman!
- 10 ounces frozen green peas
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 3 TBS Dr. Fuhrman’s VegiZest, or other no salt soup base seasoning
- 3 cups water
- 1 bunch fresh mint leaves (save a few leaves for garnish)
- 3 dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw cashews or ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- ½ TBS Spike no-salt seasoning, or other no salt seasoning, to taste
- 4 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 4 cups shredded romaine lettuce or chopped baby spinach
- 2 TBS fresh snipped chives
- Simmer peas, onions, garlic, and VegiZest in water for about 7 minutes.
- Pour pea mixture into a high powered blender or food processor. Add remaining ingredients except for the lettuce and chives. Blend until smooth and creamy. (see notes)
- Add lettuce or spinach and let it wilt in hot liquid.
- Pour into bowls and garnish with chives and mint leaves.