Jun 27, 2013
Green Mocha Frappe
Yes. It is army green. No. You cannot taste the kale! Before I began my whole foods, plant-based eating, I was a coffee junkie. No kidding. I spent a lot of money at Starbucks on… mocha frappucinos! I mean a lot.
This drink is not only worlds (no, universes) healthier but it’s even tastier! Hard to believe? Try it… you’ll like it!
- 2 TBS coffee substitute such as Kaffree Roma or Dandy Blend or if you are a coffee drinker just use one cup of strongly brewed coffee.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup cold soy milk
- 4 lacinato kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 6 medjool dates, pitted
- 2 TBS raw hemp seeds
- 1 TBS flax meal
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 12 large ice cubes
- Ahead of time, make the “coffee” using 2 TBS of coffee substitute with 1 cup boiling water.
- Cool completely in the fridge.
- Place the dates in a blender and add just enough of the “coffee” to cover.
- Blend until the dates are completely liquified.
- Add all remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Sprinkle with some cocoa nibs for garnish (optional)
- Serve immediately!