Jun 14, 2013
Italian Bean Salad
This nutrient-rich salad is a perfect accompaniment to any Italian dish. Traditionally made with green beans, garbanzo beans and kidney beans, you can use whatever beans you have on hand. I used adzuki beans in place of kidney beans. Total prep time: 15 minutes. Simple and delicioso!
- 2 cups green beans, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
- 1 can garbanzo, drained and rinsed
- 1 can adzuki or kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup raw hemp seeds
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp powdered garlic (or 2 cloves fresh, crushed)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried chopped basil (or 2 TBS fresh)
- a few leaves of fresh basil for garnish
- Steam the green beans until just barely tender.
- Rinse under COLD water.
- Toss all ingredients together.
Makes about 6 cups. Enjoy!