Jul 14, 2013
Chocolate Cherry Chia Pudding
It’s cherry season! And I think I’m addicted to chia pudding. Is that a bad thing? It’s not like I love the chia flavor because there is none. It’s the consistency of those magical seeds that create the most wonderful, healthy puddings that I adore. It’s also knowing how much nutrition is in those little powerhouses that makes me want to eat more and more of them! See my post on Happy Blueberry Chia Pudding for a list of the amazing nutrient profile of chia seeds.
Chocolate and black cherries are one of my favorite combinations. And the flavor in this pudding reminds me of a slice of Black Forest cake. The chocolate fusing perfectly with the cherries and a hint of vanilla. Divine.
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen organic black cherries
- 6 medjool dates, pits removed
- 3 TBS non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chia seeds
- Place all ingredients except chia seeds into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and stir in the seeds.
- Mix well.
- Let set for about 15 minutes and stir again.
- Repeat step 4 three more times.
- Refrigerate in whatever serving containers you will be using.