Jul 27, 2013
Creamy Orange Chia Pudding
I admit it. I’m a fanatic for fantastic and fantabulous chia seeds… in other words, I’m a fan!
I had some oranges… and a lot of chia seeds. Hmmm. Chia pudding! Again! I think the varieties of flavors one can achieve with this simplest of healthy desserts is astounding. And I feel so good eating it, knowing how much spectacular nutrition I am giving my body with every bite (check out my post for Blueberry Chia Pudding to see chia’s amazing nutritional profile). Chia pudding easy and FUN to make and to eat.
You could leave out the extra orange pieces in this recipe if you wanted to but they really add so much flavor and pop to the finished product that I suggest going the extra distance and including them.
- 2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup white chia seeds
- 2 oranges
- Section the 2 oranges. If you’ve never done this here is a short video that shows you how: SECTION AN ORANGE.
- Dice the orange sections and set aside.
- Place cashews and just enough orange juice to cover them in a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add the rest of the o.j. and the vanilla and blend again until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and fold in the oranges pieces and the chia seeds.
- Let sit for about 10 minutes and stir again.
- Repeat step 6 a few more times.
- Pour into whatever serving containers you will be using.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight before eating.
Makes about 4 cups. Enjoy!
Healthy ch-ch-ch-chia trails,