Jul 10, 2013
Pretty in Pink Raspberry Smoothie
Isn’t summertime great with the amazing selection of fresh berries that are available? We went to the Farmer’s Market this past weekend and grabbed up lots of blueberries and raspberries… at the health food store I found organic cherries, blackberries and figs. Yum!
As much as you may love berries, make SURE to buy only organic to avoid harmful pesticide residues. Berries are one of the most heavily sprayed fruits! Check out my article The Dirty Dozen and the Clean 15 to see which fruits and veggies are safer to eat when grown conventionally as opposed to organic.
This smoothie uses frozen raspberries. I always try to buy fresh and then freeze… so much better than the frozen bagged berries in the stores. I used dates to sweeten and you can adjust the sweetness by adding more or less. If your berries are nice and sweet, omit the dates altogether!
- 2 cups frozen organic raspberries
- 2 cups unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy beverage
- 4 medjool dates, pits removed
- 6 large ice cubes
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 2 TBS raw hemp seeds
- Place the cashews, dates and 1 cup of the milk into a high-powdered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Chances are you will wind up with some of the cashew mixture at the bottom that didn’t totally blend with the rest of the smoothie ingredients, which makes for a very lovely presentation when the smoothie is poured into glasses!
Serves 2. Enjoy!