Aug 11, 2013
Broccoli Pasta Pesto
Talk about an easy meal that gets raves upon raves. This recipe is certainly one you’ll want to keep around for a time when you want something deliciously decadent in a hurry.
- 1 pound pasta of your choice (I used brown rice ziti)
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- large bunch of fresh basil
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts
- 2 cups water
- Get your pasta cooking.
- Meanwhile, steam the broccoli until tender but still green. Don’t overcook!
- For the pesto sauce. Place the cashews, macadamias and 1 cup of water in a high powered blender and blend until smooth. Add the remaining water, basil and garlic and blend again until smooth.
- Drain the pasta and mix with about ½ of the sauce.
- Serve the pasta, topped with the broccoli and the rest of the sauce.
Serves 4-6. Enjoy!