Aug 02, 2013
Chunky Cashew “Egg” Salad. Raw.
MONTHS ago I promised you a tofu-free, vegan egg salad. I finally got around to making this. My honey absolutely loved it the first (only) time I made it so he was a happy camper yesterday! This recipe happens to be raw. I didn’t plan it that way but it’s a nice perk for those of you who are raw foodists! This “egg” salad is absolutely loaded with flavor…
Here you go…
- 1½ cups raw cashews
- about ½ cup water
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dill or any herb you prefer
- ½ tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 TBS yellow mustard
~ the rest
- ½ red bell pepper (or a whole small one), diced
- 1 large celery stalk, diced
- 1 large green onion, diced
- 2 TBS raw sunflower seeds
- 1 avocado, cubed
- black pepper to garnish
- Place all of the egg ingredients into a food processor (add half of the water to start), and pulse until smooth, adding more water as needed, scraping down the sides as you go. If you want to make the process quicker, you can pre-soak the cashews for a few hours, but be sure to add less water when processing. The mixture should be pretty thick and smooth.
- Transfer the egg mixture to a mixing bowl and stir in the remaining ingredients, being sure to ADD THE AVOCADO LAST, stirring gently so as to keep it intact as much as possible.
- Garnish with some freshly grated black pepper.