Aug 30, 2013
Quick Chili Marinara
Fusion! I’m calling this dish Chili Marinara because I used a jar of plain ol’ Italian marinara sauce and some Mexican chile powder. The combination was unexpectedly delicious. I needed something fast and easy for dinner. Total prep time was 10 minutes, tops. So easy. So needed. Fast, tasty and nutritious… can’t beat it.
You can serve this over pasta or rice. It’s good on its own, too. All in all, a very satisfying dish for one tired cook and her family! 🙂
Serves 4. Enjoy!
A quick and easy savory meal!
- 1 large sweet onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- ½ pound mushrooms (any kind), diced
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- 1 can no-salt-added adzuki beans (or any small red bean), drained
- 1 26 oz. jar low-sodium marinara sauce
- 1 TBS chili powder
- ½ TBS date sugar
- Water sauté the onion, peppers, mushrooms and walnuts until the veggies are tender.
- Add the sauce, beans, chile powder and date sugar and simmer about 10 more minutes.