Aug 24, 2013
Simple Spinach Hummus
Another hummus recipe for you! How many do I have now? I lost track. Five, I think. I don’t know why I’m calling this a simple hummus. All hummus is simple, really. I guess I just wanted to remind you how easy it is to whip up a healthy bean dip such as this! Store bought hummus is blasphemous in my book.
The spinach doesn’t add much flavor. It really just tastes like regular hummus. But it looks pretty and you get a nice dose of healthy greens, too! Use some carrot, cucumber and celery sticks for dipping and it’s a perfect light lunch or appetizer.
- 2 cans salt-free garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 cup tightly packed baby spinach
- ½ cup tahini
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2-3 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp tamari or other low sodium soy sauce (optional)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.
- That’s it! Told ya. Easy.