Sep 14, 2013
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies. Vegan, Grain-free and Oil-free.
Okay, this is it. Hands down, these are my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE COOKIES of all time. I’m not a huge cookie fan. I’m not even a big chocolate and peanut butter combo fan. BUT…
- 1 TBS flax meal + 3 TBS water
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup smooth peanut butter
- ¼ cup plus 2 TBS coconut sugar or other minimally-processed granulated sweetener
- ¼ cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mix the flax meal with the water and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all ingredients until everything is well incorporated—you could use a food processor, I just used a bowl and a wooden spoon.
- Drop by tablespoons onto the parchment lined tray (I use a 1-tablespoon ice cream scoop for cookies; it works great). The dough will be very crumbly so you’ll need to press each cookie together well.
- Flatten each with your fingers, then with a fork, criss-crossing a waffle design. Reshape the edges a bit if they get too ragged.
- Sprinkle with a little more sugar.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool (good luck with that).