Oct 08, 2013
Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal + Maple Cashew Cream
Pumpkin Week: Day 3
The tantalizing aroma of pumpkin spices filling the house is a wonderful way to wake up! You can make this on the weekend and warm some up each morning for a stick-to-your-ribs breakfast all week long. It’s just sweet enough with lots of nutrients to start your day with a healthy bang.
- 1¾ cups pumpkin puree (1 can)
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- 2½ cups unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 6 medjool dates
- 1 TBS flax meal
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- ¼ tsp powdered ginger
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp baking powder
- raw pumpkin seeds for garnish (optional)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup water
- 2 TBS Grade B maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp natural maple flavoring (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Lightly grease a medium-sized, deep casserole dish (8″x 8″x 4″ deep is perfect).
- Place the dates and 1 cup of the soy milk into a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Add this and all remaining ingredients to a bowl and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour into the casserole dish and even out the top.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes until firm.
- For the maple cashew cream, place all ingredients in a high-powered blender and blend until smooth.
- Slice and serve with the cream and some protein and zinc-packed pumpkin seeds!