Oct 07, 2013
Vegan Pumpkin Nog
Pumpkin Week: Day 2
Take a back seat, egg nog, ’cause pumpkin’s movin’ in!
Talk about soothing… this drink will tame the restless beast in anyone. Its delicate pumpkin notes are still detectable beneath the spicy cinnamon and toasty nutmeg; its texture like velvet. Add a hint of heat with some aromatic garam masala and this seasonal drink is an absolute must-have on any holiday menu!
Cozy up by the fire or snuggle on the sofa with your favorite person. This is too good not to share…
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 3 cups unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 TBS ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8 medjool date, pits removed
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp Garam Masala spice blend
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until warmed to the temperature you prefer.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with a little vegan whipped cream or a drizzle of coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
P.S. to a very special person… do you recognize those mugs, Joci? 🙂
Healthy, cozy trails,