Oct 07, 2013
Vegan Pumpkin Nog
Take a back seat, egg nog, ’cause pumpkin’s movin’ in!
Talk about soothing… this drink will tame the restless beast in anyone. Its delicate pumpkin notes are still detectable beneath the spicy cinnamon and toasty nutmeg; its texture like velvet. Add a hint of heat with some aromatic garam masala and this seasonal drink is an absolute must-have on any holiday menu! You can use whatever chai spices that you prefer in this but I really love to add Garam Masala, an Indian spice blend that has a touch of heat.
Cozy up by the fire or snuggle on the sofa with your favorite person. This is too good not to share…
P.S. to a very special person… do you recognize those mugs, Joci? 🙂
Healthy, cozy trails,
- 1 15 oz. can pumpkin purée
- 3 cups unsweetened soy milk or other non-dairy milk
- 1 TBS ground flax seeds (flax meal)
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 8 medjool date, pits removed
- 1 TBS ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- ½ tsp Garam Masala spice blend
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat on medium, stirring constantly, until warmed to the temperature you prefer.
- Pour into mugs.
- Top with a little vegan whipped cream or a drizzle of coconut milk and a sprinkle of cinnamon.
Product link disclaimer: If you’ve been visiting my site for a while, you may notice that I use NO ADS in my posts. I really don’t like to be disturbed by pop-up ads when I’m browsing myself, and I’ve seen ads for items that really have no place on plant-based blogs. So I do make a very small amount of commissions if you click through and purchase an item on Amazon via my site. Thank you for your support in allowing me to continue posting recipes for you!