Nov 02, 2013
Pecan Pumpkin Pancakes. Vegan and Oil-free.
Another pancake recipe? You betcha. Pecan Pumpkin Pancakes. Try saying that 5 times fast! I never tire of trying out new pancake recipes so I hope you don’t mind coming along for the ride. It is pumpkin season after all, so how could I NOT try my hand at pumpkin pancakes?
It’s been a weird week so I’m leaving it behind. Not sure what was up with my body but it felt like yet another layer of detox surfacing. Eating nutrient-dense, plant-based foods is SO POWERFUL. Just more and more layers peeling away from all of those years of eating the wrong foods. I mean it’s been about a year and a half since I’ve been eating this way. But I know there is still more that my body is working on. The “innate” knowledge of the body’s healing mechanisms is miraculous indeed.
So here is the tasty pancake of the week recipe for you. I hope you’ll try it. This one turned out great. Sorry but it is not gluten-free this time. If you want to sub out the spelt, you can try buckwheat flour, but I’ve not tested it for this recipe. If you do, please let me know the result.
- 1 cup whole spelt flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup potato starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp ground chia seeds
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
- 1 cup chopped raw pecans
- ½ cup pumpkin purée
- 1 cup unsweetened non-dairy milk of your choice
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Mix all wet ingredients together in a separate bowl.
- Mix the wet ingredients into the dry.
- Drop by ¼ cup onto a hot skillet.
- Flip each pancake when lots of bubble appear and the edges are dry.
- Cook for another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with topping of your choice. I used maple syrup and some more pecans.
Makes 10-12 pancakes. Enjoy!