Dec 14, 2013
Almost Raw Chocolate Snowball Cookies
12 Days of Christmas Cookies: Day 6!
Whew! Half way through the cookie marathon. I’ll tell you, we sure do have a lot of cookies floating around my house. I have some refrigerated, some frozen and a bunch on the counter that are gradually disappearing. We’re not big sweet eaters so while we are enjoying the goodies for sure, we’re enjoying them… slowly.
I debated whether or not to call these “raw” as well as whether or not to call them “cookies.” They’re very moist and delicious but don’t really have a cookie texture. If you replace the maple syrup with agave, you can call them raw. Maybe not because of the vanilla extract. But vanilla beans would work as a replacement, so there you go!
I love anything that combines chocolate with coconut and these guys have both. However you want to label them, these festive snow balls are ridiculously easy to put together and make a beautiful presentation to take to a holiday party or to adorn your table after a satisfying dinner.
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup raw cashew butter
- ¼ cup raw, unsweetened coconut shreds + about ¼ cup more to finish
- 10 medjool dates, pitted
- ¼ cup + 2 TBS cocoa powder
- 3 TBS pure maple syrup
- Place the raw cashews into a food processor and whirl until you achieve a course flour texture.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the extra ¼ cup coconut shreds) and pulse until combined, stopping as needed to scrape down the sides.
- Shape the dough into 1″ balls and roll in the extra coconut shreds.
- That’s it!
Makes about 30 snowballs. Refrigerate in an airtight container to store. Enjoy!
Healthy cookie trails,