Dec 06, 2013
Candy Roasted Rainbow Carrots
What a great way to make eating veggies fun. I found these wonderful carrots on my last trip to Trader Joe’s… a colorful 2-pound bag for $1.99. I couldn’t resist buying them. I knew that there were yellow carrots but red? Gorgeous.
- 2 pounds carrots (of course you can use regular old orange carrots)
- tiny amount of oil for the pan
- 2 TBS pure maple syrup (Grade B is best)
- ½ cup raw pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Lightly wipe a baking dish with vegetable oil (or use a spray if you have one).
- Slice the carrots however you like. I left mine rather large, slicing them lengthways.
- Scatter the carrots onto the dish and bake for about 45 minutes (depending on the size of your carrot slices), until tender.
- Add the syrup when the carrots are cooked, otherwise it will burn at that high temperature.
- Add the nuts, also at the end.
- Stir everything well and place back in the oven for just another minute or two.
Serves 4 as a side dish. Enjoy!