Dec 21, 2013
Roasted Butternut Squash with Cranberries
This is SUCH a simple and yummy dish to prepare and will make a fabulous presentation for your holiday table. And why not have something simple? I don’t know if it was because I was baking all those cookies or what, but it seems like we just had Thanksgiving dinner and here we are just a few days away from another holiday menu!
So here is one side dish that you can whip together in no time and is sure to please…
- 1 butternut squash
- 1 bag fresh cranberries, rinsed (and make sure you pick through them to discard any that are mushy–there always seem to be a few bad ones!)
- 3 TBS maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Peel the butternut and cut into about 1″ cubes.
- Lightly grease a baking dish.
- Place the squash and cranberries into the baking dish with about ½ cup of water and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour (depending on the size of the squash) until tender, stirring every 15 minutes and adding a bit more water as needed. The cranberries will pop and create a wonderfully bright sauce for the squash.
- Drizzle the maple syrup over the top at the end and toss to combine.
Serves 4-6 as a side dish.