Jan 15, 2014
Lemony Lentil Quinoa Salad with Pistachio Hemp Seed Dressing
Well, well, well. Great news over here on the homestead. My son and his girlfriend have decided to eliminate animal products and processed foods from their diets. Yay! And a big THANK YOU to Forks Over Knives. This film really impinges. If you have friends or family members who you would like to educate about the health benefits of plant-based eating, then this is surely one to own.
The sweet dressing is a great compliment to the tangy, lemon flavor in the salad.
- 1 pound green lentils + 4 cups water
- 6 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 cups quinoa + 3 cups water
- 3 cups corn kernels (fresh or frozen/thawed)
- 3 green onion stalks, chopped
- 2 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- zest and juice of 1 large organic lemon
- ½ cup raw, unsalted pistachio meats
- ½ cup raw hemp seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened, plant-based milk (I used soy)
- 1 tsp onion flakes
- 3 dates, pitted
- 3 TBS chopped fresh parsley
- Rinse the quinoa well and place it with the 3 cups of water in a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and cover. Simmer until all the water is absorbed (about 15 minutes).
- Place the lentils, 4 cups water and crushed garlic in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then turn to low and cover. Simmer until all the water is absorbed (about 30 minutes).
- When the quinoa and the lentils are cool, mix them together with the remaining salad ingredients, stirring well to combine.
- To make the dressing, place all ingredients into a high powered blender and blend until smooth.
- The salad should store well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for about 4 days.
|The happy new vegans! 🙂|