Feb 24, 2014
Power Berry Smoothie
Hello, gorgeous! Check out the color on this baby. I was playing around with smoothie ingredients this morning because I was out of bananas for my usual Superfood Blueberry Smoothie and, just on a whim, added a bunch of goji berries with some other berries to the blender. The color was fab but when I tasted it, I had to scramble for the camera to get a couple of pictures because this smoothie was without question “blog worthy.” I wasn’t planning on posting it, but that’s how things happen sometimes in my kitchen.
Adding goji berries to this smoothie with strawberries and raspberries (no slouches themselves nutritionally) gives it such a nutrient-rich punch that it may very well become my favorite new breakfast smoothie.
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen strawberries (about 2 cups)
- 1 10-oz. bag frozen raspberries (about 2 cups)*
- ½ cup goji berries
- 1½ cups coconut water
- ½ cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 1 TBS hemp seeds
- 1 TBS ground flax seeds
- 1 TBS maca powder
- 2-4 pitted dates, optional and depending on how sweet you prefer your smoothie and how sweet your berries are
* You can use whatever combination of berries you prefer. In this smoothie, the raspberries were the clear leaders in flavor.
- Soak the goji berries in a little of the coconut water for about 15 minutes.
- Add them and all remaining ingredients to a high powdered blender and blend until smooth.