Feb 15, 2014
Superhero Breakfast Bars. Vegan, Gluten-free, Sugar-free!
Do you feel like a superhero? You will if you start your day off with one or two of these fabulously nutritious bars. Shazam! They are absolutely loaded with superfoods such as flax seeds, goji berries and maca powder. And the mocha flavor will have you leaping tall buildings in a single bound. Holy chia seeds, Batman. You gotta try these!
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup non-alkalized cocoa powder
- 2 TBS chia seeds
- 2 TBS ground flax seeds
- 2 TBS coffee substitute such as Kaffree Roma or Dandy Blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup chopped raw walnuts
- ½ cup goji berries
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup cacao nibs
- 2½ cups unsweetened plant-based milk
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw almond butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Line a 7″x11″ casserole dish with parchment paper, using enough to be able to lift out the bars with when they’re done baking.
- Mix all dry ingredients together.
- Blend all wet ingredients together in a blender until smooth.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix well to combine.
- Pour the batter into the casserole dish and smooth the top. Use a sheet of plastic wrap to make it easier. The batter will be very thick.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Cool completely, then lift out and cut into whatever size you like. I cut mine into 24 bars.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container to store.
|Superman is my favorite superhero. Who’s yours?|