Apr 08, 2014
Cabbage and Kale “Noodles”
Sorry I’ve been absent from your inbox for a few days! I’m super busy right now getting ready to move. Whew. Painting the new place and packing along with everyday chores is a lot of extra work… but fun work! We found an adorable little farm house that we’re fixing up. I love DIY projects. And it has a HUGE kitchen! Yes!!! I’ll post some pictures once we’re in.
- 1 medium sized head of cabbage, sliced into ½” shreds
- 1 leek, sliced into rounds
- 10-12 Lacinato kale leaves
- 1 TBS garlic powder
- 1 tsp dill
- 1 tsp Umeboshi plum vinegar (or vinegar of your choice)
- Rinse the sliced cabbage and add it with the leeks to a pot with a small amount of water.
- Cover and let simmer, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, remove the tough inner stem of the kale and slice the leaves lengthwise into approximately ½” strips. Add these to the pot with the dill and garlic powder. Stir well to combine and add a bit more water if needed to prevent sticking.
- Cover and continue to simmer until the kale is tender.
- Serve with some whole grain brown rice, or as is. I topped mine with some plant-strong hemp seeds for some heart-healthy protein.
Serves 4 as a side dish. Enjoy!