Apr 03, 2014
Mini-Quiches… perfect for Easter Sunday Brunch!
Easter is coming! I love this time of year. Spring has definitely sprung in our mountains… the bees are buzzing and the flowers are blooming. Yes! We’re finally on the other side of that cold, cold winter. I have such fond memories of Easter Sunday from when I was a child. My mom would always buy me a new dress (with a matching hat, of course) and new shoes. I felt like a princess for a day! After church we would come home and the cooking would begin. Usually a big Italian dinner. It was wonderful!
- 1 block extra firm tofu (14 oz.)
- ½ cup unsweetened, plant-based milk
- 2 TBS mellow white miso
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 1 TBS ground chia seed (I used white chia which makes for a nicer presentation)
- 3 TBS nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp yellow mustard
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp Kala Namak salt (you can leave it out but it provides a great eggy flavor)
~ add ins
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 cup tightly-packed chopped kale
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms (I used Shiitake)
- dash of ground nutmeg and freshly-ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- If you’re not using a silicone pan, lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin and set aside.
- Water sauté the veggies until tender. Set aside.
- Place all batter ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Stir the veggies into the batter.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Top with some nutmeg and freshly ground black pepper.
- Bake for one hour if using a silicone pan, or 45-50 minutes if using a metal pan, until firm to the touch.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes, then gently remove and serve.
Makes 12. Enjoy!