Jun 11, 2014
Cauliflower Alfredo. Vegan and Oil-free.
Low fat: check
Creamy: triple check!
It’s time to drown your pasta in some love. Cauliflower love that is. I can’t believe how yummy this sauce is! The subtle flavor of cauliflower adds such a sweet depth of nutritional nuttiness to this alfredo sauce. And smooth? Oh, yeah. It’s amazing.
- 1 pound pasta of your choice (I used brown rice spaghetti)
- 1 medium sized head of cauliflower
- 1½ cups plant based milk (I used soy)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 TBS raw cashew butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt (optional)
- cracked black pepper for garnish
- Chop and steam the cauliflower until tender.
- When it cools off a bit, place it in a blender with the remaining ingredients.
- Blend until smooth.
- Toss generously with your pasta.
- Garnish with freshly grated black pepper.
Makes a lot of sauce—about 3 cups. More than enough for a pound of pasta. So go ahead and smother it. Enjoy!