Jul 17, 2014
Baked Vegan Zucchini Rounds… Super easy!
As promised here is the first in possibly a series of zucchini recipes… yes, I have WAY too many of them in my garden. I’m not complaining. It’s a great “problem!” I’ve seen these rounds online before but most of the recipes call for breading and parmesan cheese. Trust me, you don’t need either of those ingredients to make fabulously tasty zucchini rounds.
These rounds make a great appetizer or side dish. Not much of a recipe here. Just slice an extra large zucchini into rounds about ½” thick, spray with a small amount of vegetable oil, add your favorite spices and bake. The result is a dish of low calorie deliciousness!
Here is my recipe… as mentioned, feel free to use whatever spices you like. I also added some heirloom grape tomatoes for a pop of tartness and color.
- 1 extra large zucchini
- olive oil spray (or small amount of any vegetable oil)
- 1 TBS salt-free Spike seasoning
- 1 TBS dried oregano
- 2 TBS nutritional yeast (“nooch”)
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice the zucchini into ½” rounds and spray or coat each with a very small amount of oil on both sides.
- Sprinkle the spices over the rounds and bake for 20-30 minutes, until the zucchini is fork-tender.
- Add a sprinkle of nooch at the end for a great, cheezy flavor.
Makes about 12 rounds or however many your big zuch will yeild. Enjoy!