Jul 12, 2014
Cashew Queso to LIVE for!
Who needs dairy? This cashew-based, cheezy dip will enthrall and delight your taste buds! No guilt. No kidding. You don’t even need to culture this cheese because the flavors are so amazing on their own. Yes, this sauce is seriously to
die LIVE for. Lots of thumbs up in my house!
Serve it warm with some tortilla chips or use it as a topping for some vegalicoius nachos. Oh, yeah babe! Thick. Creamy. Tangy. Spicy. Where have you been all my life, Cashew Queso? I can’t believe it took me so long to make you!
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- 1 large carrot, chopped and steamed until tender (about 1 cup)
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp white miso
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice
- 2-3 tsp hot sauce
- ~ ½ cup water
- Drain the cashews and rinse well.
- Place them with all remaining ingredients, except the water and the hot sauce, into a high-powered blender (yes, you need a good blender for this and most other cashew cheeses).
- Begin by blending, using your tamper if you have one, and adding a bit of water at a time. The idea is to get a smooth consistency without making it too watery. Scrape down the sides as you go. Add your favorite hot sauce at the end (as much or as little as you like) and blend once more.
- Serve warm, room temp or cold (it will firm up more when it’s cold).
Makes about 2 cups. Enjoy!