Jul 02, 2014
Vegan Strawberry Shortcake. Grain-free, Oil-free and Sugar-free!
STRAWBERRIES! They are my ultimate, favorite food in the whole universe. Strawberry season is upon us so, needless to say, I am in heaven. This delightful dessert is so easy and delicious with fresh berries, strawberry cashew cream and yet another way to enjoy those healthy almond flour biscuits. Make the biscuits ahead of time and you can put it together in no time at all. This dessert is sure to please!
- 6 almond flour biscuits—recipe HERE!
- ½ pound strawberries
- Freeze-dried strawberries for garnish (optional)
~ for the strawberry cream
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- ~ ½ cup water
- 1 cup fresh strawberries
- To make the cashew cream, blend the cashews, water and strawberries in a high-powered blender. Add the water, a little at a time, until you have a thick, creamy consistency.
- Layer the biscuits with the strawberries and the cream.
- Top with some freeze-dried strawberries (found at Trader Joe’s) for an especially decorative flair.
- Voilà! Dessert extraordinaire!