Oct 24, 2014
Sweet Potato Orange Cups
And I thought I was the only one to think of this… well, I went searching online after I made these and found a few other recipes with the same idea. Oh, well. It doesn’t mean you still can’t enjoy the originality of this wonderful addition to a holiday menu. I mean, seriously, how cute are these? And they are so simple to make… other than scraping out the orange from its peel, which I found a little daunting. But worth the time and effort to showcase the beauty of this nourishing, simple, whole-foods combination.
- sweet potatoes
- navel oranges (½ orange per one potato)
- grated nutmeg and black pepper to garnish
- Bake the sweet potatoes, let cool (enough to handle), scrape out the flesh and place in a food processor.
- Cut the orange(s) in half horizontally, taking off a small amount on the top and bottom so they sit level, remove any seeds and add ½ orange per one potato to the food processor.
- Process until smooth and fluffy.
- Add the mixture back into the orange shells, top with a little freshly ground black pepper and nutmeg and broil for about 10 minutes to set.
Enjoy as a side dish. I’m putting these on my Thanksgiving plates!